Vyntus™ WALK Mobile Exercise Testing
Vyntus™ WALK allows patients to perform an untethered six-minute walk test (6MWT) by wearing wireless sensors that communicate data to a technician-held tablet PC.
The system is both patient- and technician-friendly and because we know a single sensor does not fit all clinical needs, comes with an array of easy-to-wear sensors. Because standardizing the complete testing process is critical to meaningful data for patient trending, Vyaire has integrated the complete ATS testing standards in the workflow-driven tablet software application.
Features & Benefits
- Standardize testing to the recommended American Thoracic Society (ATS) 6MWT protocol, because consistent testing yields consistent data for comparison
- The patient wears a wireless Bluetooth™ wrist pulse oximeter that allows them to freely move through the course, untethered
- Multiple oximetry sensors (finger, ear clip, forehead) come with each Vyntus WALK because not all patients are best-fit candidates for a finger probe
- View real-time data graphically over time, or switch to the Easy-View mode with large numeric values for HR and SpO2
- Quality checks and built-in guidance throughout testing helps ensure the credibility of your data
- There is more to a 6MWT than HR and SpO2, and Vyntus WALK lets you manually enter blood pressure, oxygen supply, oxygen supply type, rate of perceived exertion and Bode index for a more complete patient test
- Vyntus WALK can be run as a standalone device or the data can move in and out of SentrySuite™ software
Resources to Download
Please note that all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative.
It is likely that multiple technicians will be asked to perform 6MWTs on patients. Without a strict, standardized protocol, each technician could slightly vary how they run the test, what commands they give the patient, and the parameters they record, all of which can lead to variable data that delivers less-accurate data trends. Vyntus WALK is standardized to run the recommended American Thoracic Society (ATS) 6MWT protocol, because accurate comparison requires consistent testing that yields consistent data.
One of the cardinal rules of a good 6MWT is to have the patient walk of their own volition. But if the patient is tethered to the technician by a pulse oximeter cable, and the technician is walking just behind the patient, the patient's performance can be directly influenced or affected. Vyntus WALK uses Bluetooth™ wireless pulse oximeter technology that allows the patient to move through the entire course and limits technician influence. Also, the sensor provides a more complete HR and SpO2 reading over time.
Not every clinician prefers to view data the same way. That's why with Vyntus WALK, you first see the data as its being collected graphically over time. But with the simple swipe of a finger, you can switch to the Easy-View mode, displaying large numeric values for HR and SpO2. Swipe back, and you are back to viewing graphically over time. And if the patient needs to pause, Vyntus WALK will continue to show both active HR and SpO2 values throughout the pause time screen.
Vyntus WALK can be run as a standalone device generating a standard report, or the data can move in and out of SentrySuite software for a more robust interpretation and trending report.
As a standalone device, users quickly enter patient demographics directly on the tablet PC, run the 6MWT, and print a standard report using one of two options:
- Print standard report using WiFi direct to a printer or print via USB cable to printer
- Store standard report on a network share drive as a PDF
As a device connected to SentrySuite, users receive demographics from SentrySuite, run the 6MWT, and then return completed test data to SentrySuite. From SentrySuite, more options are available:
- Connect with WiFi or USB tethering
- Review data and add technician and physician comments
- Trend data with past patient visits (also useful for treatment efficacy)
- Combine reporting with other tests, such as spirometry or diffusion testing
- Move data to the EMR
The Latest News From Vyaire
CHICAGO – November 06, 2019 ― Vyaire Medical, Inc.’s bellavista 1000e ventilator has been granted 510(k) clearance from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA).Read More
CHICAGO - October 3, 2019 - Vyaire Medical has announced the U.S. availability of its smaller, reusable ApexPro FH telemetry adapter for use with the GE ApexPro FH System.Read More