CHICAGO – April 28, 2020 – Vyaire Medical, the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, announced the Brazilian Ministry of Health has awarded the company a USD $50 million (BR $258 million) contract to produce 4,300 iX5™ ventilators by the end of June in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
“We at Vyaire are proud of our company’s deep roots in Brazil and a legacy of nearly forty years of supporting the respiratory health needs of the Brazilian people directly from our base of operations near Sao Paulo,” said CEO Gaurav Agarwal. “We are well-positioned to leverage our global scale and undisputed expertise to work with the Brazilian Ministry of Health to deliver ventilators as part of its response to the global COVID-19 pandemic,” said Agarwal. “We thank the Brazilian government for their partnership and confidence as we continue our effort to ramp up manufacturing capacity globally to ensure an adequate supply of ventilators and associated consumables at this critical time.”
Vyaire has taken many preparative steps in order to meet the demands created by the increased need for ventilators in Brazil; including, reconfiguring the factory lay out for the manufacturing facility in Cotia and forming strategic partnerships with local companies for assistance with subassembly work. To accommodate the increased workload, Vyaire has retained outside resources to expand its focus on process optimization and project management as well as hired additional workers for new manufacturing shifts. These steps were taken in concert with Vyaire’s global expansion of manufacturing output to deal with the demands of the COVID-19 pandemic.
About Vyaire Medical:
- Vyaire is one of the largest global manufacturers of invasive ventilators and other breathing equipment and is one of the first healthcare company to obtain ISO 9000 certification in Brazil for medical devices.
- The Brazilian Ministry of Health will be supplied with 4,300 iX5™ ventilators manufactured at the company’s facility in Cotia, Sao Paulo.
- Vyaire has been producing ventilators in Brazil since 1987, formerly operated under the brand Intermed, and is the main supplier for intensive care ventilation equipment for the country.
- The iX5™ ventilator is a multifunctional device offering clinicians an economical solution to help improve patient outcomes. The compact and intuitive ventilator offers invasive and non-invasive solutions from neonates to adults, including lung protective Infant Flow and TGI technology.
- Complimenting Vyaire’s robust manufacturing presence in Brazil, the company has a strong and experienced team of distributors in all states of the country ensuring ready access of these products to all areas.
For more information, please visit our website at www.vyaire.com
About Vyaire Medical
Vyaire Medical Inc., a global company dedicated to respiratory care, enables, improves and extends lives with an unyielding focus on improving patient outcomes and increasing value for customers. The company consists of a conglomeration of well-known brands and was formed in October 2016 to serve healthcare providers with innovative devices and service solutions across the respiratory and anesthesia continuum of care. Headquartered in suburban Chicago, Vyaire’s legacy brands have a 65-year track record of pioneering and advancing respiratory diagnostics, ventilation, and anesthesia delivery & monitoring. From original brands including Bird, Bear, and JAEGER to industry leaders AirLife™, Vital Signs™, Viasys, and many others — Vyaire Medical is recognized, trusted and preferred by specialists in respiratory and anesthesiology healthcare worldwide.