A comprehensive ventilation system
For clinicians and administrators in the acute care environment, the Avea™ CVS is a comprehensive ventilation system with the complete package of all advanced maneuvers in one device. It helps empower clinicians at the bedside to improve patient outcomes and decrease costs-of-care, while the Respiratory Knowledge Portal receives actionable data to help clinicians improve respiratory care processes.
Help improve clinical outcome
With exclusive technology, the Avea CVS allows you to guide your patients through the continuum of care with a focus on improving clinical outcomes.
- Measuring transpulmonary plateau pressures, instead of plateau pressure, reduced the need to use extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO).1
- Utilizing transpulmonary pressure via esophageal manometry to titrate PEEP improved both respiratory system compliance and the PaO2/FiO2 ratio.2
1. Grasso S, Terragni P, Birocco A, et al. ECMO criteria for influenza A (H1N1)-associated ARDS: role of transpulmonary pressure. Intensive Care Med. 2012;38(3):395-403. doi:10.1007/s00134-012-2490-7.
2. Baedorf Kassis E, Loring SH, Talmor D. Mortality and pulmonary mechanics in relation to respiratory system and transpulmonary driving pressures in ARDS. Intensive Care Med. 2016;42(8):1206-1213. doi: 10.1007/s00134-016-4403-7.
3. Kallet RH, Zhuo H, Liu KD, Calfee CS, Matthay MA. The association between physiologic dead-space fraction and mortality in subjects with ARDS enrolled in a prospective multi-center clinical trial. Respir Care. 2014;59(11):1611-1618.
Data to help optimize surveillance and adhere to protocols
The Respiratory Knowledge Portal enhances compliance with your policies and protocols for alarm setting, sedation, ventilation and ventilator-associated event (VAE) surveillance, and thereby helps improve patient care and financial results.
Avea comprehensive ventilator standard functions and accessories
- Neonatal, pediatric and adult capable
- Intra-breath flow demand system in volume control
- Artificial airway compensation
- Heliox delivery
- Slow flow Pflex maneuver
- Infant nCPAP and nIMV
- Volume guarantee
- Loops and waveforms
- Proximal hot-wire flow sensor
- Proximal variable-orifice flow sensor
- Proximal airway pressure monitoring
- Synchronized and volume-compensated nebulizer
- 24-hour trending with custom histograms
- Super VGA color-graphics monitor
- User-configurable monitored parameters
- Increase FiO2, user configurable
- Integrated, heated exhalation-filter system
- Simple 90-second extended systems test (EST)
- Tracheal pressure monitoring
- Esophageal pressure monitoring
- Volumetric capnography
- Custom cart
- Gas cylinder holder
- Internal compressor (can run on battery)
- Internal battery (runs Avea up to one hour without compressor, 30 minutes with internal compressor)
- External battery (option, increases run time to 4 hours without compressor and 2 with compressor)
- Improved synchrony and comfort.The active exhalation valve on the AVEA ventilator promotes ventilator synchrony and comfort for your patients
- Accurate volume delivery.The precision gas delivery system supplies accurate volumes, whether your patient requires 2 mL or 2.5 L