MicroRPM Respiratory Muscle Testing
The MicroRPM respiratory pressure meter noninvasively measures respiratory muscle strength. Measuring maximal inspiratory and expiratory pressure (MIP/MEP) at the mouth and sniff nasal inspiratory pressure (SNIP).
These tests are considered essential to monitoring patients with COPD who are undergoing a program of lung rehabilitation and are also valuable in the detection of other diseases affecting the function of the respiratory muscles, such as neurological disorders.
Features & Benefits
- Pocket-sized, battery-operated device that is simple and easy to use
- Comes complete with all accessories in a sturdy carrying case
- Small, portable and lightweight with clear digital display of results in cmH2O
- Latest piezo resistive pressure sensing technology means accurate results
- Optional PUMA software for displaying the pressure wave forms developed during testing with the MicroRPM as well as trending
Please note that all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative.
PUMA™ is a free, downloadable Respiratory Pressure Database and Analysis Software for displaying the pressure wave forms developed during testing with the MicroRPM (both mouth and nasal pressure). Additionally the measurements of the Maximal Rate of Pressure Development (MRPD) and Maximal Rate of Relaxation (MRR) can be taken.
- Patient database is created that has powerful search functionality
- An animated incentive device ensures maximal cooperation from children and test quality assurance measures encourage correct test technique
- Users can select printout format
- Overlay of previous tests for trending purposes
- Different sets of predicted normal values are also included
The Latest News From Vyaire
CHICAGO – June 7, 2019 – Vyaire Medical, a leader in global respiratory care, announces the appointment of Lisa Rose, Chief Marketing and Innovation Officer, and Debra Goetz, Chief Brand and Digital Officer to the Vyaire Executive Leadership team.Read More
CHICAGO - March 13, 2019- Vyaire Medical today announced an immediate global recall of the enFlow™ disposable cartridges used with the enFlow™ fluid warming system (part numbers 980200EU, 980202EU).Read More