Anyone involved in the field of smoking cessation is well aware of the dangers caused by cigarettes. What clinicians need is a means of quickly and effectively monitoring patients' breath Carbon Monoxide levels, and then convincingly persuading patients of the risks brought upon themselves by smoking.
The MicroCO is an easy-to-use device to detect carbon monoxide levels on the breath and clearly display them using color aids. With a slide switch, the clinician can convert the results to %COHb.
Features & Benefits
- Measures alveolar carbon monoxide concentrations (in PPM) and percentage of carboxyhemoglobin
- Measurements are easily obtained from a single expiration and are aided by an auto-zero function at turn on, combined with a breath hold countdown timer
- The results are then instantly displayed on the large, easy-to-read display, and are visually represented by the appropriate color light indicator
- The auto-zero function allows for immediate and successive testing of numerous patients
- The device performs calibration at the push of a button
- The MicroCO comes complete with accessories in a sturdy carry case
Customer Education Resources
Please note that all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative.
MicroCO™ comes complete with a hard shell carry case, sample cardboard mouthpieces, one-way plastic mouthpiece adaptor, calibration adaptor, calibration tool, 9V PP3 battery and operating manual.
In order to keep MicroCO™ in precision working order, and always have access to accurate, reproducible results, the MicroCO™ will require a calibration check at six monthly intervals.
The calibration tool comes standard with each MicroCO and Vyaire also carries the Medican 1-liter size precision calibration gas.
The Latest News From Vyaire
On June 17, 2020, the Swiss Supreme Court denied an appeal brought by imtmedical ag regarding a long-standing Swiss patent dispute concerning certain flow sensor types.Read More
CHICAGO – May 14, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, announced today that Vyaire has been selected by the European Commission as a supplier of priority medical equipment to help address the COVID-19 pandemic.Read More