Micro Diary Home Spirometer
Micro Diary is an electronic data capture spirometer, specially designed to provide a modern alternative to mechanical PEF meters and paper Diary cards for objective monitoring in clinical trials and patients at home.
The Micro Diary Spirometer can be programmed with your specific protocol requirements using the comprehensive PC based Windows software and recorded data rapidly transferred to or via a PC.
Features & Benefits
- The device can record PEF, FEV1, FVC or FEV6 and loop data with symptom score and questions
- All results are date and time stamped before the device saves them into the large non-volatile memory
- A PC application lets you set measurements and recordings. You can also upload results to view and produce reports
- The universal keypad and easy-to-read screen on the MicroDiary device makes at home testing easier to perform
- The device provides audible and visual spirometry quality checks along with configurable warning options
Please note that all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative.
The Micro Diary is not only compact and lightweight, it also features the Vyaire digital volume transducer. Each unit is individually calibrated to ATS/ERS 2005 standards for diagnostic devices on a waveform generator. With this innovation, routine calibration is not required.
The tactile universal keypad and easy to read backlit graphics display ensures ease of use by all subjects.
To comply with FDA requirement 21 CFR Part 11 ensuring secure data entry, the Micro Diary can be PIN number protected for regulatory clinical trial requirements. Data can be retrieved via the Micro Diary serial port either directly to a PC, or remotely using a modem and results can be printed directly at the investigator’s site or exported into a central database.
The Micro Diary features a large, non-volatile memory that can store months of data before it needs to be downloaded. This is especially appealing to clinical trials where the user may be required to blow into the device numerous times per day for months at a time before sending the results back to the investigator.
- Measurements - PEF, FEV1, FEC/FEV6
- Resolution - 10ml Volume
- Volume Range - 0-8.0 L
- Flow Range - 0.2 - 15.0 L/s
- Accuracy - +/- 3% to ATS standards
- Interface - USB
- Memory - Typically >1 year of recording
- Power Supply - 3v Lithium coin cell
The Latest News From Vyaire
On June 17, 2020, the Swiss Supreme Court denied an appeal brought by imtmedical ag regarding a long-standing Swiss patent dispute concerning certain flow sensor types.Read More
CHICAGO – May 14, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, announced today that Vyaire has been selected by the European Commission as a supplier of priority medical equipment to help address the COVID-19 pandemic.Read More