IOS Impulse Oscillometry & Spirometry
Tidal breathing analysis with impulse oscillometry (IOS) has demonstrated to be informative and differentiated in the early detection and follow-up of pulmonary diseases like asthma, COPD and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis.
Almost independent of patient cooperation, IOS can test a larger patient age range than spirometry alone. It helps detect pulmonary obstruction early, measuring impedance indicative of central and peripheral airway resistance. Therefore, IOS oscillometric airway measurements complement spirometry.
Features & Benefits
- Test larger patient age range than spirometry alone, from children, adult and geriatric patients.
- The device can assess and differentiate airway function under quiet breathing conditions.
- It helps detect pulmonary obstruction early, measuring impedance indicative of central and peripheral airway resistance.
- Automatic classification and interpretation of results with SentrySuite software.
- Excellent for bronchial provocation monitoring. The device provides the objective response of an airway tone to drug therapy even when FEV1 cannot.
Please note that all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative.
The Latest News From Vyaire
CHICAGO – May 14, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, announced today that Vyaire has been selected by the European Commission as a supplier of priority medical equipment to help address the COVID-19 pandemic.Read More
CHICAGO and WICHITA, KAN.,– May 4, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, together with Spirit AeroSystems [NYSE: SPR], announced today a new manufacturing and supply collaboration to build critical care ventiRead More