Edith Heat and Moisture Exchangers (HME)
AirLife™ Edith heat and moisture exchangers (HMEs) meet the requirements for adult and pediatric patients in the OR, ICU and other respiratory care environments. The Edith Trach was specially designed to support tracheostomized patients, allowing spontaneously breathing patients to benefit from heat and moisture conservation.
HMEs conserve a patient’s heat and moisture by capturing the heat and moisture from a patient’s expired breath and then release it into the next inspired breath. HMEs thereby help create normal conditions in patient airways and lungs, reducing the risk of breathing complications.
Features & Benefits
- Minimal and stable moisture loss over time, helping ensure that patients conserve adequate heat and moisture
- Low breathing resistance, reducing work of breathing for the patient
- Low weight, adding to patient comfort and safety
- Low dead space, helping ensure adequate patient ventilation
- Latex-free materials, offering safer use with all patients
- Transparent housing, helping to determine when to replace the HME
- Design compliant with ISO standards, standardizing connector sizing
Customer Education Resources
Please note that all products, services, or features of products and services may not be available in your local area. Please check with your local Vyaire representative.
The Latest News From Vyaire
CHICAGO – May 14, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, announced today that Vyaire has been selected by the European Commission as a supplier of priority medical equipment to help address the COVID-19 pandemic.Read More
CHICAGO and WICHITA, KAN.,– May 4, 2020 – Vyaire Medical Inc., the world’s largest healthcare company fully dedicated to respiratory care, together with Spirit AeroSystems [NYSE: SPR], announced today a new manufacturing and supply collaboration to build critical care ventiRead More